Wednesday, June 21, 2017

What a very exciting soccer game that was played in Itaituba!!  The field was out of only dirt with lumpy grass spots, the guys all adjusted well to playing on it. It was a very intense game, very close the entire time. Our guys never played together until then. They did great together! It was so fun to watch them play and have fun. Each player played with such great character. God brought a huge cloud for coverage during the game so that it wasn't miserably hot. Along with a most beautiful double rainbow. Our guys fought hard and came out winning 4-3. Afterwards, we joined in a circle to pray for and share the Good News of Jesus Christ! At least 20 boys accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and joined us for church that evening!! Good is truly working here!

This Daniel Gerber! I would like to share with about the eventful day I and we as the mission team had yesterday. In the morning we played a futsal tournament. There eight teams total participating in the tournament. We American split into two teams because we had enough people. And both teams made to the semi-final.Even know that neighter of the teams made to the finals, we had an amazing experience. we tried to show Jesus's  love during the game.  At the end of the games, I was asked to give a little bit of my testimony and to pray. At the end of my speech, about a dozen of people accepted Christ as their personal savior. I was shocked because i did not expected that. In the afternoon, we played outdoor soccer with a very good team. At the end of the game we shad the same thing happened as in the morning. Afterwards we want to a local church. I was again asked to tell my testimony for the whole congregation. The cool thing was that the some of the soccer players who had accepted Jesus for the first time were at the church. After i finished speaking about my testimony, I had people coming to me and telling me that they were impacted by my story. Which was the main reason why I was will to goo up there and speak about my testimony. I was people to love god and to grow in there faith once they hear how God has been good in my life. Over all, it was a very powerful day. I never thought that i would one day serve God in the Amazon basin. Especially considering where I came from (Ethiopia) and the life style i had.  God is Good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment